Lessons Learned in the Wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita: What We Know Now About Health Care Access
2005-2006 Topic: Public Health Responses to Diverse Community Needs
This event was held on December 8, 2005.
To watch the streaming video, your computer needs:
- Internet connection with a 56K modem or faster.
- Sound card with speakers so you can hear the audio portion of the course.
- Real Player Software – if it isn’t installed on your computer, download it for free at http://real.com.
Click below for videos of December 8, 2005, Roundtable
- Welcome and Introduction
- An Opportunity to Respond
- Response and Recovery following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
Juliette “Tina” Stefanski
- The Coming Together of Primary Care and Public Health
- Meeting Mental Health Needs of Hurricane Survivors
B.R. Simon Rosser
- Images and Stories from the Children of Louisiana
- Discussion and Questions
Moderated by Jill DeBoer
If you experience technical difficulties during the video, please call Amy Scheller at 612-624-3962 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CST.
Jill DeBoer, MPH, Director, Academic Health Center Emergency Preparedness Program, University of Minnesota Incident Commander, Minnesota Lifeline Mission and Associate Director, Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, University of Minnesota.
John R. Finnegan, Jr., PhD, Dean, School of Public Health, Assistant Vice President for Public Health Emergency Response, University of Minnesota.
James Hart, MD, Associate Director, Program in Public Health Medicine, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota.
Wendy Looman, PhD, RN, CPNP, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, University of Minnesota.
B.R. Simon Rosser, PhD, Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Medical School, University of Minnesota, and Adjunct Professor, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota.
Juliette “Tina” Stefanski, MD, Regional Administrator/Medical Director, Office of Public Health-Region 4, Louisiana Department of Public Health and Hospitals, Lafayette, Louisiana.