Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree and must demonstrate strong written skills.
Application is online through SOPHAS Express. You will need to supply the following:
- Statement of purpose and objectives describing the reason for applying, career goals, and how the PHCert-CC will help to achieve desired goals.
- One letter of recommendation from a person qualified to assess your academic work, professional experiences, or leadership potential in public health.
- Copies of transcripts from each U.S. college/university in which you earned a degree. (Note: If you are admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts directly to the School of Public Health).
- Résumé or C.V.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international applicants only)
- Applicants who have a degree(s) from a foreign institution should provide a World Educational Services (WES) ICAP course-by-course evaluation of their academic credentials. Have WES send the evaluation directly to the University of Minnesota School of Public Health.
No standardized test scores are required. Applications are reviewed holistically; the admissions committee looks closely at the applicant’s work experience and grades in math and science.
Applications are accepted for fall, spring, and summer admission.