Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The Global Health Certificate is designed for students interested in global health who are currently a MPH, MS, or PhD student or have an undergraduate or graduate degree or who are currently enrolled in a professional school, i.e., pharmacy, dentistry, medicine, etc.
To apply, please submit your application to SOPHAS Express:
- Proof of previous bachelor’s degree
- Statement of purpose and objectives – an essay describing your past education, experience and current professional career objectives. You are encouraged to comment on any or all of the following: plans you have to use your education and training; the needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study; and any personal qualities and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in the Certificate.
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended, including any previous study at the University of Minnesota
- One letter of recommendation from persons qualified to assess your academic work, clinical and professional experiences
For international students:
- World Education Services (WES) evaluation of foreign academic credentials
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score