Pair your advanced degree and professional experience with a flexible, hybrid MPH degree.
The Executive Program in Public Health Practice offers working professionals the opportunity to understand, assess, and manage population health in public health, health care, and human services settings. It brings together the art and science of public health.
Tailor the MPH to fit your practice and career goals with a combination of onsite and online public health courses. This high-tech and high-touch program supports your goals and lifestyle.
The program is designed for professionals with an advanced degree, such as an MD, DDS, DVM, PharmD, PhD, MS, JD, or public health professionals with significant work experience who have completed the School’s Public Health Core Concepts Certificate.
- Focus: Design the program to fit your interests and goals. Gain a broad understanding of public health practice or delve deep into a focus area such as public policy, food safety, or global health.
- Flexible: A combination of summer on-campus institutes and Web-based instruction offers a practical blend of on-campus and online distance-learning opportunities.
- Design: Attend full time or part time or a combination of both to meet your lifestyle. You can finish as quickly as 16 months or take up to 5 years to complete your degree, average is 3.5 yr.
- Affordable: Students in this program receive in-state tuition rates.
- Quality: The MPH is accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health.
Physician and Executive MPH in Public Health Practice alumni Carol Nelson was featured in Minnesota Physician for her maternal and child health volunteer work in rural Tikono, Sierra Leone. In Tikono, 1 in 17 women die from conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth.
“If you care about improving the health of your people, raising awareness of the importance of preventive medicine, changing policies that will protect health of people, the place to start is getting enrolled in the MPH program at the University of Minnesota.” MD, MPH alumni 2017
Online Master of Public Health Degree
- April 1 for May/
Summer Term Admission
- August 1 for
Fall Term Admission
- December 1 for
Spring Term Admission