Any dental student who is applying to or is attending a School of Dentistry accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) may apply to the MPH/DDS. All applications are reviewed holistically.
If you are a practicing dentist, you are eligible to apply to the Online Executive Program in Public Health Practice, which is designed for practicing DDS with an advanced degrees.
Students may use up to 14 credits of dental courses toward the MPH, with approval. A large majority of the MPH courses are offered online, giving you the freedom to complete both degrees with flexibility and in a timely fashion. The MPH charges resident tuition since it is an online program.
- Applicants are encouraged to begin program summer prior to entering dental school.
- Applicants must be applying to or admitted into a school of dentistry accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Students must have a baccalaureate degree before beginning MPH coursework.
Standardized Test Requirement
This program does not require DAT. Applicants must be applying to or admitted into a school of dentistry accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- GPA of 3.00
- *April 1 to start May/summer terms, The application deadline has been extended to May 1 to start in the Summer term, June 11, 2018.
- August 1 to start fall term
- December 1 to start spring term
To get started on your MPH dual degree with DDS complete the application in SOPHAS. Go to https://sophas.org/program-finder/. To find our program – follow this path.
- Areas of student – check ALL
- Degree – check ALL
- Institution – check University of Minnesota of Public Health
- Alternative section – check the Dual/Joint Degree, > Public Health Practice: Dual Degree with Dentistry.