Applicants are encouraged to start the MPH courses the summer prior to entering a MPP or MURP program or after their first year of study. To be eligible for the Public Health MPH, applicants must be currently applying or accepted to an accredited MPP or the MURP program.
Students must have a baccalaureate degree before beginning MPH coursework. Preferred performance levels: GPA of 3.00. All applications are reviewed holistically
Standardized Test Requirement
This program does not require the GRE. Applicants are required to be applying or admitted to a MPP or MURP accredited program to be eligible for the dual degree.
GPA of 3.00.
- *April 1 to start May/summer terms, The application deadline has been extended to May 1 to start in the Summer term, June 11, 2018.
- August 1 to start fall term
- December 1 to start spring term
To get started on your MPH dual degree with MPP or MURP complete the application in SOPHAS. Go to https://sophas.org/program-finder/. To find our program – follow this path.
- Areas of student – check ALL
- Degree – check ALL
- Institution – check University of Minnesota of Public Health
- Alternative section – check the Dual/Joint Degree, > Public Health Practice: Dual Degree with Public Policy or Urban Regional Planning