Mission and Vision
The University of Minnesota MHA Program enhances health and strengthens societies by: developing professionals who lead innovative, high performance healthcare organizations, improve the health of their communities and advance the field of healthcare administration; and researching and disseminating new knowledge for the field of healthcare administration.
The University of Minnesota MHA Program will be recognized nationally and internationally as the global leader in developing 21st century healthcare leaders by providing a student-centered, theory-based, and practice-enabled educational experience and by generating actionable research knowledge.
Core Values of the Minnesota MHA Program
- Leadership: the MHA Program educates leaders who are change agents in healthcare organizations, their communities, and the field.
- Student-centered: student success is the program’s priority, with a culture of support for students’ growth and development that creates a lifetime network of alumni peers.
- Connection to the field of practice: key components are experiential learning, alumni and other practitioner involvement and support, placing students in high quality residencies and fellowships, and directing graduates to quality positions.
- Excellence: in education, faculty, and program outcomes.
- Service: acting in the best interests of those we serve.
- Integrity: holding oneself to the highest ethical standards.
- Professional career development: education beyond academics, preparation for life-long learning.
- Relevance: preparing students to succeed in a challenging and continuously changing industry.
- Program loyalty: pride among our students, faculty and alumni.