Practice your Interview Skills
Check out SPH Web Cam
The School of Public Health Career Services has one web cam available for SPH students to check out.
This web cam may be checked out for up to three days, and must be returned to the Career Services by 11a.m. of the day it is due. See a staff person in A-395 Mayo for information about borrowing the web cam.
Make sure to use the InterviewStream Critique Form to make notes and critique yourself when you watch your interviewing videos.
Practice with InterviewStream
The School of Public Health Career Services is pleased to introduce InterviewStream!
What is it?
InterviewStream is a new tool where students can practice their interviewing skills in front of a web cam.
How does it work?
Students are able to choose between pre-established interview question sets, or question sets of their own creation. An “interviewer” will ask the first question from the chosen question set, and the student will then respond. Before moving on to the next question, the student may review the video footage of their answer, and re-record if unsatisfied with their response.
Once satisfied, the student then moves on to the next question, and the process is repeated until all questions in the question set have been completed. The student’s completed interview is then stored within their InterviewStream account for future reference. Student’s interviews are only accessible by the student and by Career Services staff.
Interested in practicing your interviewing skills?
Stop into A-395 Mayo, or contact a staff member in Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, to make an appointment.
How to Register for an InterviewStream Account
InterviewStream may also be accessed from a private web cam, after a student has registered for an InterviewStream account. To register, please follow these instructions:
- Enter URL: http://campus.interviewstream.com/login/?schoolid=278
- Click Sign-Up to register (found in upper-right corner of screen).
- Fill out the form. Make sure to click Agree before submitting your information.
- Once submitted, you will need to login to the system by typing your username (x.500 email address) and password in the fields found in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- “Student Dashboard” screen will appear. We recommend you view theDemonstration, Webinar, and Interview Suite to become better acquainted with the system.