Career Services for Students and Alumni
We foster the career development of our students and alumni by providing them with the tools and resources necessary to successfully manage their careers, beginning when they first enroll in the School of Public Health and continuing as they become established public health professionals.
All of our services and resources are free for alumni of the school.
Job Search Services for Students and Alumni
- Tips on Starting Your Job Search
- Job Search Tip Sheets
- Tools to help you improve interviewing skills
For additional help, please either call us at 612-626-3500 or write to email@example.com.
Job Search Resources for Students and Alumni
- Public Health Job Postings
- Jobs Bulletin email subscription
- GoldPASS, the University-wide job postings system.
- U of M Graduate Assistantships
Career Development Resources for Students and Alumni
- Online PowerPoint Workshops
- U of MN Libraries – Careers & Jobs Development Resources
- InterviewStream for students to practice their interviewing skills.
- A month-by-month Career Calendar
- Our Mentor Program
- International Student Resources
We encourage you to join the SPH Alumni Network. The network helps students connect with alumni and allows alumni to broaden their public health network.
Career Services for Distance Education Students
Additionally, Career Services staff members are available to help distance learners with:
- Resume and cover letter assistance and feedback
- Mock interviewing, either via phone with a career counselor or via webcam
- Telephone appointments to address job-search-related concerns or questions
Visit our Career Resource Center in Mayo A-395 for more information! For individual career development guidance, please schedule a meeting with Barb Laporte or Darren Kaltved. You may contact Barb at 612-626-5443 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Darren at 612-626-4448 or email@example.com