Strengthening the public health workforce
The Midwest Center for Life-Long Learning in Public Health (MCLPH) is a member of the national network of Public Health Training Centers and strengthens the technical, scientific, managerial and leadership competence of the current and future public health workforce. To accomplish this mission, we partner with health departments in Minnesota and North Dakota for practice and education, enhancing our ability to serve our communities.
Upcoming Face to Face Courses
Registration is now open: Summer Public Health Institute (PHI)
Running May 28-June 14, 2013, this program offers 39 short courses in nine public health interest areas. Course content emphasizes research to practice with opportunities for field trips, case studies, hands-on labs, and simulations.
Teaching & Learning Series
- Beyond ‘Add and Stir’: Engaging Diversity in College Classrooms
- Integrative Global Leadership: Leading Across Boundaries for the Common Good
- Building Bridges Across the Professions: Promoting Successful Intraprofessional Collaborations
- Designing for Learning: Engaging Students and Teachers from the Arctic to Australia
- Active Learning with Technology: Myths Magic and Mucho Motivation
- The New Science of Change – Connecting Leadership Development and Neuroscience