Meaningful Connections: Different perspectives make us stronger!
An Event for New Students – Wednesday, August 29th.
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Orientation is an opportunity for incoming students to learn more about their program, the School of Public Health, and resources available to students.
If you are unable to attend Orientation, please connect with your program coordinator.
- Executive, Certificate and Distance Learning Students, as well as students who began in Spring or Summer terms are welcome, but not required, to attend the on-campus orientation.
- E-PHAP and E-MHA students who begin their program in January 2019 will have a separate orientation, please contact your program coordinator for more information.
- Bring your own materials or devices to take notes.
- Attire is business casual.
- The SPH Student Services Center is hosting an additional International student session on Thursday morning, August 30th. You will receive more information about this event via your UMN email.
- Please remember to complete all incoming International Student requirements. You can receive assistance via the International Student and Scholar Services office (ISSS); click here for more information.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 612-626-3500
Connect with other incoming students on the 2018 New Student Facebook page!
Explore what alumni are doing with their public health degree and join our expansive network by affiliating with the School of Public Health on your LinkedIn profile
2017 Orientation Videos
Part I, Welcome
Part II, Dean Finnegan
Part III, Professor Osterholm
Part IV, Professor Demerath and Student Ghazalehh
Part V, Mentor LaFrance & Mentee Long
Part VI, Vic Massaglia, Darren Kaltved, & Megan Gallert
Part VII, Student Panel