Active Learning with Technology: Myths, Magic and Mucho Motivation
This online training module is eligible for 1 CPH recertification credit.
Building on Thomas Friedman's book, The World is Flat, Curt Bonk offers an intriguing look at ten technology trends which he calls educational openers. This model helps make sense of the role of various technologies in open education, including open courseware, open source software, open access journals, open educational resources, and open information communities. With new technologies, thousands of organizations and scholars are sharing their course materials, expertise, and teaching ideas globally, thereby expanding learning opportunities and resources even further. Bonk also addresses questions related to the quality of new online media content, the digital divide, and how those without Internet access still benefit immensely from these open learning tools and resources.
After viewing this session participants should be able to:
1. Describe diverse ways in which Web technology can play a role in different disciplines and instructional situations.
2. List 5-10 or more Web-based pedagogical approaches.
3. Explain several low risk, low cost, low time online activities.
4. Identify 10 key motivational principles underlying the TEC-VARIETY model and the several online pedagogical activities for each of the ten.
5. Identify the components of the Read, Reflect, Display, and Do (R2D2) model and internalize several strategies for each phase of the model.
6. List several online and/or blended learning strategies participant is more comfortable using
Find More Trainings in:
- Most online trainings are free of charge, and many offer CEUs.
- Once an account is created, you can log in quickly and take any training.
Trainings and courses with fees
- Credit card payments (Visa or Mastercard) are accepted by phone.
- Payment is required before the training begins.