Student Engagement Subcommittee
The Health Equity Work Group Student Engagement Subcommittee provides leadership opportunities for students to engage in health equity conversations and projects.
The three main objectives of the Student Subcommittee are:
- Connect students to community organizations engaged in health disparities related work.
- Create spaces for dialogue regarding health disparities and diversity on campus.
- Encourage the development of a diverse public health workforce.
Students involved in the subcommittee are asked to attend at least two of the four meetings per semester and participate in at least one activity during the academic school year. During the first meeting in September, students will sign up to participate in different activities.
The student sub-committee will meet once a month to discuss current events and issues relating to health equity. This is an opportunity for students to share ideas around work in health disparities.
Student Subcommittee Activities 2014-2015 Academic Year
- Coordination with Sherlonda Clarke on the Diversity Matters Series
- Organization of a brown-bag event in spring 2015 on community engaged work
- Presentations to students undergraduate public health courses