Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Team
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Team (EDIT) is a School of Public Health initiative open to all students, faculty, and staff, whose primary mission is to proactively increase awareness around equity and diversity while building a more inclusive community by working together to host events and facilitate challenging conversations.
Events include Edible Education sessions, held every other Wednesday, to introduce community members to the diverse resources available on campus and create an open community space where individuals (or groups) can bring their questions or concerns. EDIT also hosts speaker events and panel discussions featured around popular topics with public health.
Previous EDIT Book Club Books
- Mni Sota Makoce: The Land of The Dakota by Gwen Westerman (Currently reading)
- The Body is Not An Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Bad Blood: The Tuskeegee Syphillis Experiment by James H. Jones
- The White Racial Frame by Joe R. Feagin
- Black Lives Matter: Special Report by Sue Bradford and Duchess Harris
- Its Not That Bad by Roxane Gay