Wellbeing and Campus Safety
Safety on Campus
- Campus Safety:
- Carry your U Card with you on campus at all times to ensure access to buildings.
- Aurora Center for Advocacy and Education
- Campus safety
- The UMN Department of Public Safety has information on crimes and advice on safety resources.
- SafeWalk Service is available 24/7 to walk or bike with anyone on campus at no cost. Call 612-624-WALK (4-9255 from any campus phone)
- Report Racial Bias and Discrimination
Disease does not discriminate. Racial discrimination and stereotyping is not tolerated at the U of M. If you experience or witness harassment or discrimination report it through a number of UMN resources.
- For the safety of everyone, including yourself, if you are feeling sick, please stay home. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to remain flexible, understanding, and help accommodate individual needs.
- If you suspect you have COVID-19 symptoms, contact:
- Your primary health care provider
- On-campus clinics: Boynton Health COVID-19 updates
- For international students, staff, and faculty:
- The University crisis line is available 24 hours a day: 612-301-4673 or text “UMN” to 61222
- To access confidential online cognitive behavioral therapy, visit the Learn to Live website (enter code “UMN”).
- Effective U
- Office of Student Affairs
- Student Counseling Services
- Boynton Mental Health Clinic
- Let’s Talk (informal drop-in consultations with a counselor)
- Employee Assistance Program (for UMN faculty, staff, and their family members)
- Mental Health Advocates
Fresh and Healthy Food at No Charge
- Student Wellbeing Guide (Students)
- Mindful Mondays, informal hour of meditation and light movement (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Wellbeing Program Opportunities During COVID-19 (Faculty and Staff)
- Wellbeing Webinars (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Academic Success Center (Students)
- 24 Things to Do During Study Breaks Other Than Social Media (Students)