The University of Minnesota is committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 to protect the health and safety of our community. The School of Public Health (SPH) PI Research Restart Toolkit below is a set of policies and best practices that outline how to resume SPH research activities involving face-to-face human participation safely.
Each study will be required to submit a study narrative addressing COVID-19 risk factors and remedial strategies. Requests are routed for approval to SPH and then the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) using templates found in the toolkit. Research involving face-to-face human participant activity may not resume until a signed letter of approval is received from the OVPR and the Return to Work Request for each employee is completed per University requirements.
- Download the PI Research Restart Toolkit (PPTX, requires x.500 login)
The PI Research Restart Toolkit includes templates, resources, training opportunities, policies and best practices for the following topics related to resumption of research involving face-to-face human participants:
- Study Narrative Template (DOCX, requires x.500 login) (Required for in-person human participant studies)
- Research Participation Information Sheet (PDF, requires x.500 login)
- ECRC Sunrise Plan (requires login) (Required if using ECRC facilities)
- Checklist for planning/considering resuming research operations (DOCX, requires x.500 login)