Working with the media is a powerful way to disseminate SPH work, research, and stories of our impact to a broad audience in Minnesota and across the U.S.
This media training webinar will be presented by Savannah Erdman, UMN PR consultant. She will cover:
- Information about the media, and why it’s important to work with them to share the work we’re doing at SPH.
- University Relation’s proactive tools, including research briefs, expert alerts and 5Qs.
- Interview basics, including best practices and how to be quotable.
- Bridging phrases, and how to avoid interview pitfalls.
- Information about different interview formats, including print, tv and radio.
Who should attend? All SPH faculty, staff, and students who are currently working with the media and want to refine their skills, as well as those who anticipate working with the media in the future.