Equity and Community Engagement Committee
Community Partners can join CHAI’s Equity and Community Engagement (ECE) Committee. Advancing health equity for Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ and other under-served aging communities is core to CHAI’s mission. CHAI is committed to advancing health equity by establishing vibrant community, governmental, business, and individual collaborations to promote healthy aging for Minnesotans and people across the country.
The committee shares research, best practices, and innovations to advance health equity. By focusing on BIPOC, LGBTQ and other underserved communities, the group seeks to:
- Examine research with an equity, cultural, and anti-racism lens
- Disseminate and translate research findings to improve quality of care and quality of life
- Share best practices and innovations in care delivery to advance health equity
- Share community engagement models and culturally specific success stories and learnings to improve access, usage, and health outcomes
- Gain insights and resources from evidence-based research, promising practices, and peer networking to expand program and service reach, responsiveness and impact among BIPOC, LGBTQ, and underserved communities
Community, nonprofit and government agencies and businesses with emerging DEI strategies
Organizations developing new culturally specific programs and/or expanding their reach in diverse communities
The Equity and Community Engagement will meet quarterly as a group for about 90 minutes. We are seeking members who can make at least a one-year commitment.
Interested in our Equity and Community Engagement Committee? Apply to join online