Equity and Community Engagement Learning Collaborative
The Equity and Community Engagement Learning Collaborative is a learning community of practice, focused on advancing health equity for older adults in BIPOC, LGBTQ, and underserved communities (i.e. immigrant, refugee, rural).
Community organizations, nonprofits, businesses, public health, and government agencies with,
- Emerging DEI strategies, in the early stages of or seeking to expand their current community engagement,
- Goals to grow the diversity on their leadership team, Board, staff or volunteer base.
- Interest in building organizational knowledge and capacity to offer new culturally-responsive programs and/or expand reach and impact in diverse communities
Members of the Learning collaborative will:
- Share, disseminate and translate research findings to improve quality of care and life,
- Provide information on opportunities for professional development in aging, DEI, antiracism, care delivery
- Facilitate a roundtable exchange focused on:
- Cultural humility practices and impact
- New findings from community and volunteer outreach and program initiatives
- Best & promising practices in care delivery to advance health equity for older adults
- Webinars and trainings to build knowledge/capacity
- Community advisory board priorities and feedback
Members of the collaborative will decide the frequency of their meetings, depending on the group’s interests and projects.
Interested in our Equity and Community Engagement Committee? Apply to join online