The certificate program in clinical research is designed for research coordinators, clinical research project managers, and other health professionals who want to learn how to implement and manage clinical research studies.
The program includes 16 credits and most courses can be completed online. We welcome full-time and part-time students. Certificate credits may transfer into the MS for eligible applicants.
The Certificate Program Prepares Students to Understand:
- Different study design approaches
- How to review and critique the literature in the field
- Research study implementation, data collection, and quality control
- Good clinical practice in research studies
- The factors associated with ethical conduct of research
- Statistical approaches to analyze clinical research data
- The role of the FDA, industry and NIH in clinical research