The School of Public Health has 130 full-time faculty and instructors, as well as many affiliated faculty members who advance the mission of the school and help forge tomorrow’s public health leaders.
The Office of Faculty Affairs offers a range of services for faculty, including workshops, gatherings, and other opportunities, to advance their academic success.
Principal areas of support for faculty include:
- Academic appointments
- Semester/Sabbatical leaves
- Professional development
Resources for faculty:
- SPH Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure Policy (PDF)
- UM Faculty Tenure Code (PDF)
- Procedures for Reviewing Candidates for Tenure and/or Promotion: Tenure-Track and Tenured Faculty
- SPH Contract Faculty Appointment and Promotion Policy (PDF)
The Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure (APT) Committee is supported by the Office of Academic Affairs.