Continuing education, lifelong learning, and workforce development are an integral part of our mission at the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. SPH provides education and training for working professionals in public health and related fields, training in occupational health and safety, and learning opportunities for the broader community and people of all ages.
Continuing education is coordinated both centrally at SPH, as well as via individual centers within the school.
Custom contract training is available via the Hazardous Materials Training Program.
Featured Courses and Training
- The Constitutional Basis for Public Health Action
- The Legal Basis of Public Health Law
- Changing the Climate of Worker Health and Safety: A Forum on Lessons and Actions to Foster a Resilient Workforce (NORA Symposium 2023)
- National Maternal Nutrition Intensive Course
- Outbreak at Watersedge: A Public Health Discovery Game
- National Incident Management System and Incident Command System: A Primer for Staff and Volunteers
- Psychological First Aid: A Minnesota Community Supported Model