Continued learning and development is one of the pillars of public health. As the demands of the field change, professionals and students must adapt to new ways of thinking.
The School of Public Health’s continuing education offerings range from short courses and certification refreshers to institutes, workshops, and conferences. We provide online and in-person courses to meet your needs and interests and to help you remain a leader in the public health field as well as on-site training customized for your organization.
Continuing education is coordinated by the Centers for Public Health Education and Outreach (CPHEO).
- Public Health Institute offers weeklong public health courses every June.
- Hazmat and Hazwoper training
- Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety Education and Research Center
Our annual Round Table is now available as a 2.5 continuing education course which offers strategies to prevent individuals from entering justice systems and reducing the impact of incarceration on the health of family members. Register
- Sept. 1-Dec. 31: National Maternal Nutrition Intensive Course (Registration open until November 30, 2022.)
- Jan. 9-12: Designing and Conducting Focus Group Interviews (Session 1 and 2)
- March 6-7: Designing and Conducting Focus Group Interviews (Session 3)
- May 15-June 2: 2023 Summer Public Health Institute