School at a Glance
|Current Dean (Interim):||Timothy Beebe|
|Rankings:||#6 public school of public health; #12 overall
Top 5% of all schools and programs of public health
#2 Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program
#9 biostatistics PhD program
|Avg. grant funding per faculty:||$1,118,546|
|Degrees Programs:||19 Graduate degrees (15 master’s and 4 doctoral)|
Our research has led to (among many innovations):
- Effective COVID-19 treatments.
- Acknowledgement of the cancer-causing effects of vaping.
- Lowering of the age for colonoscopies.
- Verification of new treatment plans for people with HIV (saving millions of lives).
- Legislation that allows Medicaid payment for services from a certified doula for pregnant women in Minnesota
- Legislation that requires all new and remodeled buildings to be fully accessible to people with disabilities
- National Minor’s Consent to Health Services Act of 1971
- First comprehensive definition of childhood abuse and neglect
- First model to predict probability of complications from radiation therapy
- the first report to show high rates of concussions associated with youth football players (1983)
- First city-wide ban of cigarette vending machines in the U.S. (1989)
- FDA-proposed restrictions of tanning bed use by people 18 years of age and younger
- Changes in the care and treatment of HIV-positive people worldwide based on the SPH global START trial
- Development of the Minnesota Model used nationwide to track foodborne illness outbreaks
- Development of the Minnesota Code to read electrocardiograms in a universally applicable and understandable way
- Mediterranean Diet
2022 Graduating Student Profile
|Total number of graduates:||368|
Graduates by degree
2022 Incoming Student Profile
|Total number of students:||324|
|American Indians and students of color:||27%|
Incoming students by degree