This information is for applicants to the following SPH Post-Baccalaureate Certificate programs:
- American Indian Public Health and Wellness Certificate (AIPHW)
- Applied Biostatistics
- Clinical Research
- Global Health
- Healthcare Management
- Public Health Core Concepts
Applicants need to provide evidence of a U.S. baccalaureate degree (or foreign equivalent) at a regionally accredited institution of higher education; OR of a post-baccalaureate graduate or professional degree at a regionally accredited institution of higher education. If your degree is not conferred at the time of admission, we will reach out to you for a final degree conferral transcript upon admission. Admission to certain programs requires a prior advanced degree in a related area.
Certificate Application Requirements
- Submission of SOPHAS Express application
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Copies of all U.S./English-speaking Canadian college/university transcripts in which you earned a degree uploaded to your application
- Official transcripts from all U.S./English-speaking Canadian college/university transcripts in which you earned a degree sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Certificate Application Requirements if applicable
- World Educational Service (WES) ICAP course by course evaluation for non U.S./Canada degrees sent to University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
Compose an essay describing your past education, experience, and professional career objectives. You are encouraged to comment on any of the following plans: plans you have to use your education and training; the needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study; and any personal qualities, characteristics, and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in your chosen field of study.
Evidence of proficiency in English is required of applicants whose native language is not English or whose education was completed exclusively at an institution(s) whose primary language of instruction is not in English. Evidence of proficiency can be met by providing proof of one of the following:
- Official TOEFL scores – The operational standard for admission to the School of Public Health is a TOEFL score of 100 on the internet-based (iBT) test OR 600 on the paper test. TOEFL scores must be under two years old. Official scores should be sent to DI Code: 6874 – University of Minnesota-Minneapolis/St Paul
- Official IELTS scores – The operational standard for admission to the School of Public Health is an IELTS score of 7.0. IELTS scores must be under two years old. A copy of your IETLS scores should be uploaded to your SOPHAS Express application
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate.
A copy of your ECFMG certificate should be uploaded to your SOPHAS Express application.
- Completion of 16-semester credits/ 24-quarter credits (within the past 24 months) in an academic program at a recognized institution of higher learning in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants who attended a university in which the language of instruction is English are exempt from providing proof of language proficiency.