This information is for applicants to the following SPH Post-Baccalaureate Certificate programs:
- American Indian Public Health and Wellness Certificate (AIPHW)
- Applied Biostatistics
- Clinical Research
- Global Health
- Healthcare Management
- Public Health Core Concepts
Applicants need to provide evidence of a U.S. baccalaureate degree (or foreign equivalent) at a regionally accredited institution of higher education; OR of a post-baccalaureate graduate or professional degree at a regionally accredited institution of higher education. If your degree is not conferred at the time of admission, we will reach out to you for a final degree conferral transcript upon admission. Admission to certain programs requires a prior advanced degree in a related area.
Certificate Application Requirements
- Submission of SOPHAS Express application
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Copies of all U.S./Canada (English-speaking) college/university transcripts in which you earned a degree uploaded to your application
- Official transcripts from all U.S./Canada (English-speaking) college/university transcripts in which you earned a degree sent to email@example.com
Additional Certificate Application Requirements
- Applicants who attended a post-secondary institution outside of the U.S./Canada (English-speaking) must provide the following additional documentation:
- World Educational Service (WES) ICAP course by course evaluation for non U.S./Canada (English-speaking) degrees sent directly to University of Minnesota School of Public Health from WES.
Compose an essay describing your past education, experience, and professional career objectives. You are encouraged to comment on any of the following plans: plans you have to use your education and training; the needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study; and any personal qualities, characteristics, and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in your chosen field of study.
Proof of English Language Proficiency. For applicants whom English is not their native/first language or whose education was completed exclusively at an institution(s) whose language of instruction is not in English, including domestic applicants; proof of English language proficiency must be provided through one of the following:
- Official TOEFL iBT scores – The operational standard for admission to the School of Public Health is a TOEFL iBT score of 100 on the internet-based (iBT) test and scores must be less than two years old. Official scores should be sent to DI Code: 6874 – University of Minnesota-Minneapolis/St Paul.
- Official IELTS scores – The operational standard for admission to the School of Public Health is an IELTS score of 7.0. IELTS scores must be less than two years old. A copy of your IELTS scores should be uploaded to your SOPHAS Express application or may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate; upload a copy into your SOPHAS Express application.
- Completion of 16-semester credits/24-quarter credits (within the past 24 months) in an academic program at an accredited institution of higher learning in the U.S. or Canada (English-speaking) not including ESL coursework.
- Applicants who attended a university in which the primary language of instruction is English are exempt from providing proof of language proficiency.