The Student Senate is the governing body for students in the School of Public Health. The Student Senate provides a voice for students and allows students to get involved in student government, plan social activities, network with other students and faculty, demonstrate leadership skills, and develop creative solutions to new challenges.
The mission of the School of Public Health Student Senate at the University of Minnesota is to serve as a liaison between the students, faculty, and staff and to assist student organizations in hosting school-wide events.
The SPH Student Senate represents the voice of public health students to the following groups:
- SPH Executive Team
- SPH Education Policy Committee
- University of Minnesota Senate
- Professional Student Government
- Council of Graduate Students
- Center for Health Interprofessional Programs (CHIP)
- Academic Health Center Student Consultative Committee
- SPH Alumni Society
- SPH Student Services Center