Applicants are encouraged to start the MPH courses the summer prior to entering a MPP program. To be eligible to apply to the Public Health MPH, applicants must be currently applying or accepted to an accredited MPP program.
Students must have a baccalaureate degree before beginning MPH coursework. Preferred performance levels: GPA of 3.00. All applications are reviewed holistically.
Effective 2021, SPH is not requiring the GRE for all master’s and doctoral degree programs. Learn more about our decision regarding the GRE.
Standardized Test Requirement
This program does not require the GRE. Applicants are required to be applying or admitted to a MPP accredited program to be eligible to apply to the dual degree.
GPA of 3.00.
- April 1 to start May/summer terms
- August 1 to start fall term
- December 1 to start spring term
To get started on your MPH dual degree with MPP complete the application in SOPHAS. Go to https://sophas.org/program-finder/. To find our program – follow this path.
- Areas of student – check ALL
- Degree – check ALL
- Institution – check University of Minnesota of Public Health
- Alternative section – check the Dual/Joint Degree, > Public Health Practice: Dual Degree with Public Policy