Student Engagement Subcommittee
The Health Equity Work Group Student Engagement Subcommittee provides leadership opportunities for students to engage in health equity conversations and projects.
The three main objectives of the Student Subcommittee are:
- Connect students to community organizations engaged in health disparities related work.
- Create spaces for dialogue regarding health disparities and diversity on campus.
- Encourage the development of a diverse public health workforce.
Students involved in the subcommittee are asked to attend at least two of the four meetings per semester and participate in at least one activity during the academic school year. During the first meeting in September, students will sign up to participate in different activities.
The student sub-committee will meet once a month to discuss current events and issues relating to health equity. This is an opportunity for students to share ideas around work in health disparities.
Student Subcommittee Activities 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Coordination with Diversity Matters for Our Voice Matter campaign
- Organization health equity job panel
- Case competition for tick borne illnesses