SPH does not require the GRE for its master’s and doctoral degree programs. Learn more about our decision regarding the GRE.
Any dental student who is applying to or is attending a School of Dentistry accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) may apply to the MPH/DDS. All applications are reviewed holistically.
If you are a practicing dentist, you are eligible to apply to the Online Executive Program in Public Health Practice, which is designed for practicing DDS with an advanced degrees.
Students may use up to 14 credits of dental courses toward the MPH, with approval. A large majority of the MPH courses are offered online, giving you the freedom to complete both degrees with flexibility and in a timely fashion. The MPH charges resident tuition since it is an online program.
- Applicants must be applying to or admitted into a school of dentistry accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). If you are starting the DDS in the fall, you must supply a copy of your dental acceptance letter.
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree before beginning MPH coursework.
- Applicants are encouraged to begin the program the summer prior to entering dental school.
This program does not require DAT. Applicants must be applying to or admitted into a school of dentistry accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- GPA of 3.00
- May/summer term: April 1
- Fall term: August 1
- Spring term: December 1
To get started on your MPH dual degree with DDS, complete the application in SOPHAS. To find our program, follow the path below.
- Areas of student – check ALL
- Institution – check University of Minnesota of Public Health
- Program – MPH/DDS – Public Health Dentistry