Admission to the program is decided by the program faculty with the advice and counsel of an admissions committee.
Each cohort consists of 30–35 students. There are many more applicants than slots in the program, resulting in highly competitive admission. The cohort will generally comprise three diverse categories of students to provide a rich learning environment for all students: applicants with the MD or DO degree; applicants with other post-baccalaureate degrees; and applicants with bachelor’s degrees.
Effective for the 2020-2021 application cycle, SPH is not requiring the GRE for all master’s and doctoral degree programs. Learn more about our decision regarding the GRE.
- Preferred undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Within the Statement of Purpose and Objectives in the application describe career interests, the relevance of the MHA degree to the applicant’s personal development and a description of what that applicant feels they can contribute to the learning of peers in their cohort.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submit application in SOPHAS
- The Program receives completed application from SOPHAS 4-6 weeks after submission.
- Program reviews application and determines if applicant moves to the interview stage. Applicant is invited to a virtual interview.
- Admissions committee makes final admission decision, and the program will notify the candidate of the outcome.
New cohorts start each January.
August 1 – Complete applications submitted in SOPHAS prior to Aug 1 will receive reimbursement for their SOPHAS application fee ($140) as a credit to their student account upon successful matriculation and enrollment in January 2021.
November 1, 2022 – Final deadline to submit applications.