Admission to the program is decided by the program faculty with the advice and counsel of an admissions committee.
Each cohort consists of 30–35 students. There are many more applicants than slots in the program, resulting in highly competitive admission. The cohort is filled via rolling admissions, meaning applicants have better consideration the earlier they complete their application.
Cohorts are intentionally designed to provide varied perspectives. These perspectives are informed by professional, educational, geographic, age, organizational and ethnic diversity among others. This diversity of perspectives provides for a remarkable learning experience. and includes diversity in profession, gender, ethnicity, age, geography and type of organization.
- At least three years management or clinical leadership experience in a health care organization
- Preferred undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Within the Statement of Purpose and Objectives in the application describe career interests, the relevance of the MHA degree to the applicant’s personal development and a description of what that applicant feels they can contribute to the learning of peers in their cohort.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Please note, the GRE or other standardized testing is not required for admission to the MHA Executive program.
- Submit application in SOPHAS
- The Program receives completed applications from SOPHAS 2-4 weeks after application is complete and verified.
- The Program reviews the application and makes an admission decision in approximately one week.
- Candidate is notified of the final admissions decision.
New cohorts start each January.
Final Application Deadline: December 2nd, 2022
August 1, 2022 – Complete applications submitted in SOPHAS prior to August 1 will receive reimbursement for their SOPHAS application fee ($140) as a credit to their student account upon successful matriculation and enrollment in January 2023.