Solve critical disease-related challenges by analyzing trends in population health.
The Epidemiology MPH program prepares future leaders in epidemiology to analyze public health trends, design and implement studies, and interpret results for policy and program development. Beyond investigations into the determinants of health and infectious and chronic disease, epidemiologists translate medical and laboratory data into population trends to identify changes in the public health burden of disease.
Our unique program infrastructure combines Epidemiology, Public Health Nutrition, Maternal & Child Health, and Community Health in one department, giving students access to faculty across disciplines.
Advantages of the Epidemiology MPH
- Connections. A long and close partnership with the Minnesota Department of Health—one of the best health departments in the country—provides field experiences, professional mentorship, and career opportunities.
- Integrated health sciences. The University of Minnesota’s innovative infrastructure of six health sciences schools—one of three such models in the country—gives our students the ability to learn from and work with a diverse array of health experts.
- Supportive environment. Students receive personal attention from world renowned epidemiology faculty, and a network of more than 10,000 alumni who are dedicated to student success.
- Comprehensive curriculum. Grounded in current approaches to biologic and behavioral epidemiology, students are well-prepared with the skills needed for a successful career.
- High ranking. A degree from a top 10 school of public health provides distinction in competitive career environments.
A partnership between the Epidemiology MPH program and the JD program at the University of Minnesota Law School. Contact Student and Academic Support Services (epi