Students research across multiple areas of emphasis. Here are examples of research projects by emphasis.
Multidisciplinary Social Science:
- Entry into Nursing and Academic Nursing: Career Trajectories of Nursing Faculty Members.
- The Long-Term Effects of Exposure to Medicaid in Early Childhood
Health Decision Science:
- The evaluation of preoperative breast magnetic resonance imaging for women with newly diagnosed early breast cancer.
- Long-term comparative effectiveness of rheumatoid arthritis treatment strategies.
Health Policy and Analysis:
- Medication Utilization of Dual Eligibles Before and After Medicare Part D: Cases of Antidepressants and Antipsychotics.
- Analysis of the Relationship Between Psychosocial Factors and Self-Efficacy on Self-Management Behaviors in Adult Patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Donor and Center Quality for Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT)
- Measuring Quality of Diabetes Care for Medicare Beneficiaries.
Health Organizations and Management Science:
- The Experience of Burnout among Primary Care Physicians.
- The Roles of Reputation in Organizational Response to Public Disclosure of Health Care Quality.
- The Impact of Health Information Technology on Demand for Hospital Inpatient Services.
- Potentially Preventable Hospitalizations among Elderly Medicaid Long-term Care Users.
Sociology of Health and Illness:
- Reconstructing Research: Exploring the Intersections of Race, Gender and Socioeconomic Status in Medical Education.
- Mental Health and Health Care Utilization Among Transitional Age Youth.