Practice Day highlights the impact of Public Health interventions in the community. Open to all SPH students, faculty and staff! Come to the Mayo Auditorium 4th Floor between 10am and 2pm, on Thursday October 6, 2022:
Student’s Poster Expo – 10am to 2pm
- Students from various programs are creating a poster about the practicum experience (e.g. Supervised Practice, Applied Practice, etc).
- A representative from the following organizations will be on site to talk to students about their mission, programs work and upcoming opportunities with students. They are eager to connect with students!
- Minnesota Prepare Internships Program, SPH Scholarships, SPH Career Center, Environmental Studies, UMN, Mackenthun’s Fine Food, University YMCA – Y of the North, Office of Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan, State of Minnesota, Foodborne, Waterborne, Vectorborne and Zoonotic Disease, MD, The Aliveness Project, The Arc Minnesota, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, and Neighborhood HealthSource
Program Presentation – 11am to 12pm
- During this one hour, join us to learn from expert practitioners in the field about Public Health Interventions, and other school event announcements. Speakers include:
- Mercedes Taneja
- Sara Veblen-Mortenson
- SPH Dean Beebe
- SPH Associate Dean of Education and Student Engagement Elizabeth Wattenberg
- Pete Engler, Policy Advisor, Health and Health Insurance, Office of Governor Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan
Lunch – 12pm to 2pm
- Enjoy lunch together. For a food order count, please rsvp using the button below. Lunch will be first come, first served.
- Meet Applied Practice Coordinator Mercedes Taneja (12:30 – 1:15pm) for an overview of the MPH Applied Practice requirement.
We look forward to seeing you there!