Guides and Trainings
The SPH Office of E-Learning Services (ELS) develops guides, quick reference sheets, and even training sites in Moodle to help instructors use technology tools and provide students the information they need to be successful in our courses.
Training Course Sites
ELS has developed two training course sites specifically targeted towards students taking online courses at SPH and faculty or students working as TAs in courses at SPH that use Moodle or other technologies.
- The Online Teaching Orientation and Training @ SPH site can be used by teaching assistants and faculty to gain skills in Moodle and online teaching. Faculty can also assign sections of it to TAs and require them to complete those individual sections as part of their work.
- The Student E-Learning Resources @ SPH site is a repository of resources that faculty can point students to in preparation for online or technology-enhanced courses.
- Moodle 3.0 Gradebook Quick Guide
- Participants Block – Viewing Enrolled Students
- Switch Role to Student View
- Using Labels in Moodle
- Communication and Feedback Recommendations
- SPH Moodle Quizzes Guide
- Editing Resource / Activity Titles in Moodle
- Moving Items in Moodle
General Moodle Guides
Using Google Apps with Moodle
- Adding Moodle Calendar Events to Google Calendar
- Sharing the Link of a Google Document
- Uploading files to Google Drive
- Using Google Hangouts
- Using Google Hangouts for Office Hours
Using WebEx with Moodle
The Islands Exploration Guides