With a PhD from our program, you will engage in a multidisciplinary examination of the social, political, and economic forces that affect the organization, financing, and delivery of health care.
This training will enable you to choose a career where you will apply research skills to influence policy and have an impact on health care systems. Our graduates find meaningful and challenging positions at universities, government agencies, think tanks, health insurance providers, managed care organizations, and consulting firms.
- Location: The School of Public Health is located within the Academic Health Center and a research university, allowing for collaboration and a multidisciplinary approach to learning.
- Focus: Seven areas of emphasis allow you to tailor your education to your interests.
- Options: Our program offers a joint degree in Law, Health and the Life Sciences (JD/PhD) with the Law School and an MD/PhD joint degree with medicine. More on joint and dual degrees.
- Collaborative degree: Through a collaboration with the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, you can focus your studies on workplace injury policy with the Occupational Health Services Research and Policy PhD.
- Breadth: The Division of Health Policy and Management is home to seven research centers that provide research opportunities to students and are rich sources for dissertation data.