Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The Global Health Certificate is designed for professionals interested in global health who already have an undergraduate or graduate degree, who are interested in obtaining a certificate credential that focuses on knowledge, skills, and attitudes to address health issues that transcend national boundaries, and that develop and implement solutions to health problems that require global cooperation. Students currently enrolled in a UMN graduate or professional degree program are encouraged to enroll in the Global Health Minor instead.
To apply, please submit your application to SOPHAS Express:
- Proof of previous bachelor’s degree
- Statement of purpose and objectives – an essay describing your past education, experience and current professional career objectives. You are encouraged to comment on any or all of the following: plans you have to use your education and training; the needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study; and any personal qualities and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in the Certificate.
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended, including any previous study at the University of Minnesota
- One letter of recommendation from persons qualified to assess your academic work, clinical and professional experiences
For international students:
- World Education Services (WES) evaluation of foreign academic credentials
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score