Effective 2021, SPH is not requiring the GRE for all master’s and doctoral degree programs. Learn more about our decision regarding the GRE.
- To apply for the DNP/MPH dual degree, applicants must be applying to or be admitted or be a DNP student in any accredited DNP program at any university or college.
- Students must have a baccalaureate degree before beginning MPH coursework. Preferred performance levels: GPA of 3.00. All applications are reviewed holistically.
- Please apply via SOPHAS.
When should I apply to the DNP/MPH dual degree program?
Applicants will often apply first to the nursing program and then apply to the School of Public Health. If the SPH receives your application before nursing does, the Admission Committee will review your application and may admit you PENDING your acceptance to a nursing program. Once you have received your letter of acceptance from the DNP program, send the SPH a copy and then your status will change from pending to admitted to the DNP/MPH dual degree program.
This would give you the option to register for public health courses the summer before starting the nursing program in the Fall – giving you a head start on the MPH.
Standardized Test Requirement
This program does not requires the GRE. All applicants must be applying to or currently admitted to a DNP program.
- April 1 to start May/summer terms
- August 1 to start fall term
- December 1 to start spring term
To get started on your MPH dual degree with DNP complete the application in SOPHAS. Go to the Academic Program Finder. To find our program – follow this path.
- Areas of study – check ALL
- Institution – check University of Minnesota of Public Health
- Program – MPH/DNP – Public Health Nursing Practice