Graduate Minor in Health Equity
The Health Equity Minor is a graduate minor that allows students to specialize in studying health disparities and inequalities. A firm understanding of the structural factors that cause health inequalities will help prepare students to enter the professional world of public health as an effective advocate.
Declaring a Minor
The process to declare a minor is based on specific criteria.
View Declaration Process
- Learn about the extent and nature of health inequities, and methods for documenting
- Analyze the roots of health inequities in our cultural histories and the process by which these gaps are generated and perpetuated
- Understand the roles of our system of government, healthcare, and public health in generating equity
- Explore potential practice and policy solutions for fostering health equity, examining both intended and unintended consequences
- Recognize the unique strengths and integral role of cultural communities and social groups in defining the health problems they experience and directing the solutions.