- Achieving Career Self-Efficacyby Tom Stanoch on July 1, 2021 at 9:19 pm
High levels of self-efficacy are one of the biggest determinants of job-searching and career success, and yet it is an incredibly overlooked skill by many students.
- Top 5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Summer Breakby Victoria Clouse on May 10, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Take advantage of all the extra time you have during summer break to get ahead of your career goals and job searching!
- Emotional Intelligence and Soft Skills: What Employers are Seekingby Victoria Clouse on April 28, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Emotional intelligence is in, technical skills are out. Employers want workers who can also bring empathy and awareness to the table.
- The Art of Negotiationby Victoria Clouse on April 27, 2021 at 3:04 pm
Doing well in the interview process is only the first step. Negotiating is a crucial aspect of landing your dream job and must be done carefully. Follow this article's 3 P's of negotiation to get the […]
- Interviewing is a 2-Way Streetby Victoria Clouse on April 13, 2021 at 4:23 pm
Interviewing can be a scary process, but if you treat it as a 2-way street and use the opportunity to ask your own questions, you'll feel confident and benefit even more from the entire process.
- Job Search Olympicsby Victoria Clouse on March 24, 2021 at 2:48 pm
Job searching is a lot like the Olympics, and here you will learn how to prepare for this event just like the hundreds of athletes do every 4 years.
- It’s Time to Make Those Important LinkedIn Connectionsby Victoria Clouse on March 8, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Learn how to reach out and make those academic/career connections without ever leaving your bedroom.
- The Bamboo Way of Networkingby Victoria Clouse on March 5, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Bamboo are slow-growing plants that require a lot of attention and persistence before they begin to sprout. Just like bamboo, networking is a relationship that needs to be built on patience and […]
- Winter Break- Perfect Time For Job Searching!by Victoria Clouse on December 15, 2020 at 9:28 pm
It is never too early to think about your job search, and winter break is a perfect time to think about how you want to organize your search and to begin moving forward.
- The P.L.A.Y. Response – Achieving Work / Life Balanceby Victoria Clouse on October 27, 2020 at 7:14 pm
Try the P.L.A.Y. response to do a "Values Check” and be sure that your values and the way you are spending your time is in balance.