In honor of the legendary Zig Ziglar, who passed 9 years ago, we have provided two lists that include his top 10 Inspirational Leadership quotes and top 10 Inspirational Job Searching quotes. A former World War II veteran, Zig was considered one of the best motivational speakers and trainers of his time. In addition to developing a successful career in sales for several top organizations, Zig wrote dozens of books that shared his lessons for success. His messages of hope, encouragement, and strength can change your life.
For more about Zig Ziglar, visit the Ziglar website!
Zig Ziglar’s Top 10 Inspirational Leadership Quotes:
- “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
- “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
- “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
- “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
- “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
Searching for a job almost feels like a full-time job in itself. Thus, like working a full-time job, one’s job searching process can most certainly be stressful and daunting. If you find yourself getting worn down by the job search process, here are our Top 10 Inspirational Job Searching quotes that can help you stay focused and inspired.
Top 10 Inspirational Career Quotes:
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “Experience is not what happens to us. It is what we do with what happens to us” – Aldous Huxley
- “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” – Oliver Wendall Holmes
- “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain
- “When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.” – Will Rogers
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
*Some of these are direct quotes from Zig himself, while others come from a variety of sources.