Occupational Injury Prevention Research Training (OIPRT) graduates are employed in academic and research positions in various institutions including academic, corporate, and industrial settings, health agencies, and health care facilities.
Below are some examples of professional positions of program alumni. For more examples, visit the MCOHS website.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine; Core Investigator, Portland Center for the Study of Chronic, Comorbid Mental and Physical Disorders, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, Oregon
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Center for Workers’ Compensation Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota-Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
- Epidemiologist; Program Director, Tauri Group, Washington DC
- Epidemiologist: Head – Epidemiology, Dow Corning Corporation, Public Affairs/Food and Drug Administration Liaison, Midland, Michigan
- Associate Professor, College of Public Health, Occupational Safety and Health, Chang Jung University, Taiwan
- Consultant, Injury/Occupational Injury Prevention – New South Wales, Australia
- Manager, Injury Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch, Texas Department of State Health Services