The SPH Tutor serves as a free and neutral point of contact for any SPH student seeking academic assistance in a PubH course. The SPH Tutor is primarily focused on supporting students with Epidemiology concepts, but can serve other PubH courses as well. Direct support and/or referral to additional resources may be offered. The SPH Tutor is available for group and individual tutoring sessions.
Benefits of using peer tutoring:
- Gain confidence in course concepts
- Identify effective study strategies
- Identify additional support resources
- Provide individual learning experience
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the SPH Tutor available?
The SPH Tutor is available as follows:
- By Appointment:
- Individual times can be arranged to meet schedule needs
- Weekly Drop in Hours:
- In person on Mondays in Mayo A395 between 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Virtually on Friday afternoons 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. via Zoom
How do I set up an appointment with the SPH Tutor?
Email the SPH Tutor, Mary El-Afandi at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “SPH Tutor Support” to request an appointment. If possible, provide some guidance regarding the type of help requested (ie – course name, specific concept, study strategies, etc).
Can the tutor help me with my homework?
The SPH Tutor can assist other students with concepts needed in order to complete homework assignments. The tutor cannot directly help students complete homework itself.