A seminar series, titled Stories From the Field, will be held throughout the academic year, providing students opportunities to learn about governmental public health careers that involve emergency preparedness. Stories From the Field will put on two seminars per semester, each featuring two to three practicing public health professionals who will share their experiences in governmental public health, answer questions, and inspire students.
All students from the University of Minnesota system are invited to participate in the seminars, especially those who have an established interest and foundation in public health and who are eager to learn about careers and career pathways into governmental public health. Hearing from professionals in state, local, and tribal public health agencies will introduce these students to career paths they may not have considered or be aware of otherwise.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
View all Minnesota Prepared Events
Past Seminar Recordings
- 4/13/2023 Seminar featuring Amy Has from MDH and Nancy Carlson from MDH
- 2/16/2023 Seminar featuring Deb Radi from MDH, Mickey Scullard from MDH, and David Brummel from the Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment
- 11/17/2022 Seminar featuring Beatriz Menanteau from MDH and Keeley Morris from MDH
- 11/04/2021 Seminar featuring Mateo Frumholtz from MDH, Whitney Koester from MDH, and Joanne Erspamer from Carlton County Public Health
- 12/02/2021 Seminar featuring Peter Ekadu from MDH, Beatriz Manateau from MDH, and Amy Evans from Olmsted County Public Health