Occupational Injury Prevention Research Training (OIPRT) provides a multifaceted approach to advanced academic and research training, with a primary goal to prevent and control occupational injuries.
- Unique: Our program is among the few in the country that has developed a strong focus on methodological aspects of studying occupational injuries and incorporating relevant analytical techniques.
- Active Research: Both students and faculty are actively involved in presenting research findings at major local, national, and international professional meetings and in peer-reviewed publications.
- Supportive: Collaborate, instead of compete, with classmates and receive thorough and thoughtful mentoring from your faculty adviser.
- Funding: This program is part of the nationally funded Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety Education and Research Center, which often provides tuition benefits and stipends to eligible students.
- Development: Our faculty encourage students to grow as researchers and professionals throughout their studies.
- Reputation: As a top-ranked school of public health with a focus on research, graduates from Minnesota have strong job placements.