Distance Public Health Administration & Policy MPH graduates are well positioned to be policy-makers, managers, and leaders in public health. The curriculum is focused on practical skill-building. The focus on management, administration, and health policy provides knowledge and grows skills to meet the complex challenges facing public health professionals.
What Do Public Health Administration & Policy Professionals Do?
Distance Public Health Administration & Policy MPH graduates manage public health organizations at the local, state, federal, and international level in planning agencies, voluntary health organizations, mental health agencies, human services organizations, long-term care agencies, international health organizations, managed care plans, community clinics, community organizations, alternative health care delivery settings, and a wide variety of other non-profit organizations.
Examples of Positions Held by Graduates of the PHAP Program
- Director, Isanti County Public Health, MN
- Clinic Supervisor and Public Health Nurse, Hennepin County, MN
- Director of Clinical Operations, Spectranetics, MN
- Assistant Director, Lorain County General Health District, OH
- Health and Wellness Coach, UnitedHealth Group, MN
- Health Policy Director for a US Senator